Bruegel appoints new Board
In a General Assembly of the Brussels-based economics think tank Bruegel on February 24th, members approved a new Board. Jean-Claude Trichet was again elected Chairman by the new Board members.
In a General Assembly of the Brussels-based economics think tank Bruegel on February 24th, members approved a new Board. Jean-Claude Trichet was again elected Chairman by the new Board members. The new board, which will serve from March 2014 to February 2017, is:
- Jean-Claude Trichet, former President of the European Central Bank
- Carlos Egea, Chief Trading Desk Strategist – Morgan Stanley
- Anna Ekström, Director General, National Agency for Education, Sweden
- Iñigo Fernandez de Mesa, Secretary General of the Treasury and Financial Policy, Ministry of Economy and Competitiveness, Spain
- Wolfgang Franz, Former Chairman of the German Council of Economic Experts, former Professor, University of Mannheim
- Jerzy Hausner, Professor of Economics, Head of the Department of Public Economy and Administration at Cracow University of Economics
- Wolfgang Kopf, Senior Vice-President for Public and Regulatory Affairs, Deutsche Telekom AG
- Vincenzo La Via, Director General of Department of Treasury, Ministry of Economy and Finance, Italy
- Rachel Lomax, Former Deputy Governor of the Bank of England
- Andreas Penk, Head Pfizer Oncology Europe, Chairman of the Board of Pfizer Germany
- J.A. (Hans) Vijlbrief, Treasurer-General, Ministry of Finance, The Netherlands, Chairman of the Economic-Policy Committee (EPC) of the EU
For more information, download the full press release.
Republishing and referencing
Bruegel considers itself a public good and takes no institutional standpoint. Anyone is free to republish and/or quote this post without prior consent. Please provide a full reference, clearly stating Bruegel and the relevant author as the source, and include a prominent hyperlink to the original post.