An investment plan for Europe
European Macroeconomics and Governance
On 12 January 2015 Jyrki Katainen, Vice President of the European Commission, was at Bruegel to present the European Commission’s new investment plan.
On 26 November 2014 the new European Commission launched a three-year €315 billion investment plan with the aim of reviving economic growth and creating jobs. The Commission’s approach is based on three pillars: structural reforms to put Europe on a new growth path; fiscal responsibility to restore the soundness of public finances and cement financial stability; and investment to kick-start growth and sustain it over time.
- Jyrki Katainen, Vice President of the European Commission
- Erik Nielsen, Global Chief Economist and Head of Economics & Fixed Income/ Fixed Currency (FI/FX) Research at Unicredit
- Isabel Schnabel, Professor of Economics at University of Mainz and member of German Council of Economic Experts
- Chair: Guntram Wolff, Director of Bruegel
- Video of highlights from the event
- Speech by Jyrki Katainen
- Presentation by Erik Nielsen –
- Note by Erik Nielsen –
- Presentation by Isabel Schnabel –
- Event summary –
- The European Commission’s Investment Plan
- Measuring Europe’s investment problem, by Grégory Claeys, Pia Hüttl, André Sapir and Guntram B. Wolff on 24th November 2014
- Juncker’s investment plan: No risk – no return, blog post by Grégory Claeys, André Sapir and Guntram Wolff on 28th November 2014
- The Achilles’ heel of Juncker’s investment plan, blog by Reinhilde Veugelers on 8th December 2014
- High growth firms and job creation in Europe by Karen Wilson and Diogo Machado on 18 December 2014
- Bruegel Memo to the presidents of the European Commission, the European Council and the European Parliament by André Sapir and Guntram Wolff
- Bruegel Memo to the Commissioner for Economic and Monetary Affairs by Zsolt Darvas and Guntram Wolff
- Venue: Bruegel, Rue de la Charité 33, 1210 Brussels
- Time: Monday 12 January 2014, 12:30-14:30. Lunch will be served at 12:30 after which the event will begin at 13:00.
- Contact: Matilda Sevón, Event Manager – [email protected]