Deadline for applications: 19 November 2023 (23h59 CET)
Starting date: early January 2024
Duration: 6 months
Bruegel is recruiting an intern for 6 months, in the Communications team. The internship is paid, full-time and based at Bruegel’s office in Brussels.
Bruegel offers a compelling learning and working experience in a major Brussels-based think thank, with the opportunity to gain specific knowledge on communications related to economic policy and European affairs.
Bruegel is a European think tank working in the field of international economics. Established in 2005, Bruegel is independent and non-doctrinal. Its mission is to improve the quality of economic policy with open and fact-based research, analysis and debate. We are committed to impartiality, openness and excellence. Bruegel’s Membership includes European Member State governments, international corporations and institutions. For more information about Bruegel, please consult: www.bruegel.org
• Support press outreach by monitoring Bruegel’s media presence and keeping an overview of relevant European and global media outlets.
• Support event organisation, including in hospitality and audiovisual tasks,.
• Support social media outreach.
• Academic background in political science, social sciences, journalism, communication, or equivalent.
• Interested in economic policy and knowledge of European affairs.
• Available for six months, full-time, starting early January 2024.
• The selected candidate will preferably be at their first internship experience or not have more than one previous internship experience outside of studies.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND COMPETENCES
• Excellent command of spoken and written English.
• Reading and writing comprehension.
• Ability to transform academic research into strong messages for external audiences.
• Capacity to work with people from different social and cultural backgrounds.
• Computer literacy; knowledge of Microsoft Excel is strongly desirable.
To apply, please submit your application to [email protected] with the subject line: “Press and communications_Applicant’s name”
Your application must be submitted by 19 November 2023 (23h59 CET)
The email must contain: CV and a cover letter in one single PDF document (merged).
Applications with missing documents and/or that do not meet the above-mentioned requirements will NOT be considered.
Because of the high number of applications we usually receive we are unfortunately unable to reply to all applicants. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Bruegel is committed to ensuring equal opportunities and treatment for all by providing that no job applicant receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of race, colour, nationality, religion, ethnic or national origins, gender, marital status, caring responsibilities, sexual orientation, disability or chronic illness.
For further guidance, see Bruegel’s Careers page: http://www.bruegel.org/careers/