Bruegel’s Director Guntram Wolff is joined by MEP Johan Van Overtveldt, Chair of Committee on Budgets in the European Parliament to discuss the current committee discussions including NGEU borrowing. They also spoke about his new book: The Mystic Hand, How Central Banks Shaped the 21st Century Global Economy, which traces the way in which central bankers learned, unlearned, relearned and still have to learn the tricks of their trade.
This is the latest in our series of conversation with prominent Members of the European Parliament. Previous conversations on topics ranging from trade to EU economic governance and the rule of law can be found below:
- The European economy in 2022, with Irene Tinagli
- The state of trade: the EU’s trade policy, with Bernd Lange
- Keeping momentum on good governance, with Katalin Cseh
- A European common tax space, with Sven Giegold
- The big brother is back? with Esther de Lange
- Without good governance EU recovery could fail, with Luis Garicano