Expanding Integrated Assessment Modelling: Comprehensive and Comprehensible Science for Sustainable, Co-Created Climate Action.
Timeline: 09/2022 to 09/2025
IAM COMPACT supports the assessment of global climate goals, as well as the design of the next round of NDCs and policy planning beyond 2030 for major emitters and non-high-income countries. We will use a diverse ensemble of integrated assessment models (IAMs) and insights from SSH and operations research. It uses a diverse set of models, tools, and insights from social and political sciences and operations research, and will integrate bodies of knowledge to co-create the research process and enhance transparency, robustness, and policy relevance.
Bruegel’s role is to design and implement a stakeholder engagement framework and disseminate policy papers for a non-technical audience.
- National Technical University of Athens (NTUA) - Coordinator - GR
- Aalto University (Aalto) - FI
- Aalborg University (AAU) - Denmark
- Basque Centre for Climate Change (BC3) - Spain
- Bruegel AISBL (Bruegel) - Belgium
- Fundacion CARTIF (CARTIF) - Spain
- Cicero Senter Klimaforskning Stiftelse (CICERO) - Norway
- E3 Modelling (E3M) - Greece
- Imperial College of Science Technology and Medicine (Imperial) - UK
- KTH Royal Institute of Technology (KTH) - Sweden
- Politecnico di Milano (POLIMI) - Italy
- University of Geneva (UNIGE) - Switzerland
- University of Piraeus (UPRC) - Greece
- University of Valladolid (UVa) - Spain
- Wuppertal Institut (WI) - Germany
- Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad (IIMA) - India
- Tsinghua University (Tsinghua) - China
- University of Maryland (UMD) - USA
- AAIT OR PSI - Ethiopia
- Sharif University - Iran
- University of Sierra Leone OR Energy & Water Resource Authority - Sierra Leone
- Technical University of Mombasa (TUM) - Kenya
Public funding manager
The project “Expanding Integrated Assessment Modelling: Comprehensive and Comprehensible Science for Sustainable Co-Created Climate Action” (IAM COMPACT) has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon Europe research and innovation programme under grant agreement number 101056306.