How to revamp growth in Europe
Macroeconomics in Europe
High unemployment, low private and public investment and rising social inequalities mark the current stagnation of European economy. Despite the joint efforts of Member States, the recovery is still fragile and requires strong action to foster growth and create jobs. The EU is therefore at a crossroads, where a review of its policy mix is needed both at EU and country level.
- Introduction by Guntram Wolff, Director of Bruegel
- Keynote by Pier Carlo Padoan, Italian Minister of Finance
- Moderated by Tom Nuttall, The Economist
- Venue: Bruegel, Rue de la Charité 33, 1210 Brussels
- Time: Monday 8 December 2014, 8.15-10.00. Breakfast will be served at 8.15 after which the event begins at 8.30.
- Contact: Matilda Sevón, Events Manager – [email protected]