European banks’ business models evolving under crisis pressure
Bruegel would like to invite you to a Finance Focus Breakfast on “European Banks’ Business Models Evolving under Crisis Pressure.” Initial presentations by Jean-François Neuez and Simon Ainsworth will be followed by an open discussion chaired by Nicolas Véron.
The business models of European Banks are evolving under a number of interrelated factors: the crisis and corresponding deleveraging & risk repricing, regulatory initiatives that have been enacted but are at various stages of implementation, the gradual buildup of Europe’s banking union, regulatory initiatives that are under discussion and may or may not materialize, and rapid technological change, to name only a few. Policy debates about banking reform are often at least partly based on somewhat abstracted considerations. By contrast, this session will provide an opportunity to take stock on current shifts from the observation of actual developments in the banking sector.
This event will be held under the Chatham House Rule
- Jean-François Neuez, Senior Analyst European Financial Research, Goldman Sachs
- Simon Ainsworth, Group Credit Officer EMEA Banks, Moody’s
- Chair: Nicolas Véron, Senior Fellow, Bruegel
- Venue:Bruegel, Rue de la Charité 33, 1210 Brussels
- Time:Friday, 24 October, 8:30 – 10:00
- Contact: Matilda Sevón, Events Manager – [email protected]