Europe and the emerging markets
10th Anniversary event
In the framework of our 10th anniversary celebrations, Bruegel is organising a series of events in the capitals of our member states. These debates, talks and conferences will bring crucial European topics to audiences across the continent.
The event in Rome discussed the effects of low interest rates on Europe and emerging markets.
15h30: Welcome: Guntram Wolff, director, Bruegel
15h45: Keynote: Pier Carlo Padoan, Minister of Economy and Finances, Italy
16h30 – 17h45: How are emerging markets and Europe affected by the low interest rates?
- Carlo Favero, professor, Università Bocconi
- Alicia Garcia Herrero, visiting fellow, Bruegel and chief economist for emerging markets, BBVA
- Christian Kastrop, director, policy studies branch, economics Department, OECD
- Guonan Ma, non-resident fellow, Bruegel
- Chair: Guntram Wolff, director, Bruegel
- Speech by Pier Carlo Padoan, Ministry of Economy and Finance, Italy
- Christian Kastrop’s presention –
- Venue: Palazzo delle Finanze – RGS Conference Hall Via XX Settembre 97, Rome
- Time: 5 May 2015, 15.30-17.45
- Contact: Matilda Sevon