Deepening Economic and Monetary Union
European Macroeconomics and Governance
On Monday 19th January, Pierre Moscovici, European Commissioner for Economic and Financial Affairs, Taxation and Customs, came to Bruegel to speak about his ideas about deepening the European economic and monetary union.
The new European Commission intends to be proactive in taking forward the debate on the further deepening of the Economic and Monetary Union in the coming five years. Commissioner Moscovici will work closely with President Juncker and Vice President Dombrovskis on this matter.
Truly convinced the eurozone needs stronger economic and political governance, Commissioner Moscovici will talk about the realistic and step-by-step approach the Commission intends to take to deepen the European economic and monetary union.
- Pierre Moscovici, European Commissioner for Economic and Financial Affairs, Taxation and Customs
- Luc Frieden, Vice Chairman of Deutsche Bank
- David Vines, Professor of Economics and Fellow of Balliol College, University of Oxford
- Guntram Wolff, Director, Bruegel
Speech by Pierre Moscovici
Summary of the event –
Presentation by David Vines –
Video of highlights from the event
- Venue: Bruegel, Rue de la Charité 33, 1210 Brussels
- Time: Monday 19th January 2014, 12.30-14.30. Lunch will be served at 12.30 after which the event begins at 13.00.
- Contact: Matilda Sevón, Events Manager – [email protected]