Competition Policy: the Japanese experience
In this closed-door seminar, Mr Hiroyuki Odagiri, Commissioner of the Japanese Fair Trade Commission (JFTC) will present Japanese competition policy. Mr Odagiri will speak about the development of Japan’s Antimonopoly Law and the recent activities of JFTC, ranging from cartel and merger cases to reports on the electricity market and the childcare sector. He will also discuss the challenges that JFTC does and will face in the future (and actually so do EU and other competition authorities) such as the effects of globalized business activities and the need to tackle issues related to R&D and intellectual property rights.
After Mr Odagiri’s presentation, the floor will be opened to discussion amongst participants.
- Hiroyuki Odagiri, Japanese Commissioner for Competition
- Chair: Mario Mariniello, Research Fellow, Bruegel
- Mr Odagiri’s presentation – Competition Policy: The Japanese experience _
- Venue: Bruegel, Rue de la Charité 33, 1210 Brussels
- Time: Tuesday 24th March 2014, 10- 11.30am. Refreshments will be served.
- Contact: Matilda Sevón, Events Manager – [email protected]