Chinese foreign direct investment: the european policy agenda
Chinese acquisitions and other direct investments in Europe are growing rapidly, reaching a new record high of 18bn USD in 2014.
This event started with an update on Chinese investments in Europe, based on a new report by the Mercator Institute for China Studies in Berlin and the Rhodium Group.
Experts from institutions, business and academia then discussed the policy agenda from a European perspective, including the EU-China Bilateral Investment Agreement and other potential areas such as a more coherent national security review process and state aid disciplines.
- The opening presentation from Thilo Hanemann and Mikko Huotari _
- The commentary presentation from Alicia García-Herrero _
- Thilo Hanemann, Rhodium Group, New York and Senior Policy Fellow, Mercator Institute for China Studies, Berlin
- Mikko Huotari, Mercator Institute for China Studies, Berlin
- Alicia Garcia Herrero, Visiting Fellow, Bruegel
- Luca Silipo, Vice-President – Chief Research Officer, Supply Chain Strategic Lab, Geodis
- Chair: Guntram Wolff, Director of Bruegel
- Venue: Bruegel, Rue de la Charité 33, 1210 Brussels
- Time: 29 June 2015, 12:30-14:30 – Lunch will be served at 12:30 after which the event begins at 13:00.
- Contact: Matilda Sevón, Events Manager – [email protected]