In the framework of our 10th anniversary celebrations, Bruegel is organising a series of events in the capitals of our member states. These debates, talks and conferences will bring crucial European topics to audiences across the continent.
The event discussed how to complete the European Monetary Union with the help of structural convergence as well as a different fiscal framework and a fiscal capacity.
15.30 Welcome address
Jean-Claude Trichet, Chairman, Bruegel Board
16.00-17.30 Do we need a different fiscal framework and a fiscal capacity and how to achieve it? What kind of fiscal union?
Chair: Jean Pisani-Ferry, Commissioner-General, French Prime Minister’s Policy Planning Staff
- Jakob von Weizsäcker, MEP, Committee on Economic and Monetary Affairs
- Daniel Cohen, Professor, École Normale Supérieure;
- Reza Moghadam, Vice-Chairman for Global Capital Markets, Morgan Stanley
- Philippe Maystadt, President, Academy for Research and Higher Education
17.45-19.15 Do we need structural convergence to make the monetary union work and how could it be achieved?
Chair: Guntram Wolff, Director, Bruegel
- Philippe Martin, Professor of Economics, Sciences Po in Paris
- Jean Michel Six, Chief European Economist, Standard & Poor's
- Élie Cohen, Professor of Economics and Research director, CNRS
19.15 - Conclusions
- Venue:France Stratégie, 18 rue de Martignac, Paris - France
- Time: 18 June 2015, 13.30-18.00
- Contact: Katja Knezevic - [email protected]