Call for applications: Office intern.
Deadline for applications: Sunday 22 October 2023 (23:59 CET)
Type of contract: CIP (Convention immersion proféssionnelle) – six months (renewable)
Expected starting date: as soon as possible.
Bruegel is recruiting a talented Office intern who will contribute to the smooth running of our Brussels-based office's daily operations and contribute to the efficient use of the office premises.
To fulfil this role, the Office intern will work closely with the members of different departments to respond to their needs and will be a contact person for office-related matters.
Bruegel is a European think tank working in the field of international economics. Established in 2005, Bruegel is independent and non-doctrinal. Its mission is to improve the quality of economic policy with open and fact-based research, analysis, and debate. We are committed to impartiality, openness, and excellence. Bruegel’s membership includes EU Member State governments, international corporations, and institutions. For more information about Bruegel, please consult: www.bruegel.org
Under the supervision of the Office and facility Coordinator, performs the following core tasks in coordination with the other team members.
- Welcome and assist guests and visitors; handle incoming calls and other communications,
- Contribute to hybrid work, especially with individual office space management,
- Prepare meeting rooms and shared space availabilities,
- Ensure common basic facilities are ready to use daily,
- Contribute to processing travel requests,
- Organise filing and storage in the office,
- Manage office and research subscriptions and onsite library,
- Contribute to organising internal events/meetings (professional lunches or dinners, retreats…) organisation.
- Perform general office clerk duties and errands when required,
The ideal candidate holds a bachelor’s degree in office management, personal assistance, business administration, or related fields.
Fluency in spoken and written English, as well as in French and/or Dutch, is necessary.
The candidate should demonstrate strong organisational skills (multi-tasking and time management) and stress resilience. The applicant works autonomously, shows great initiative, and is resourceful in achieving their goals. Reliability and discretion are also desired.
For this internship, the trainee will find an environment where they will learn and gain practical experience, growth, and development of their Office management skills at Bruegel.
To apply for this position, please carefully follow the below instructions:
Send an email to [email protected] - Your email must contain the following:
- A CV and a cover letter (in English) in one single PDF document (merged)
- The subject line of the email: “Applicant’s name_Office intern.”
Applications that do not meet these requirements will not be considered.
The application deadline is Sunday, 22nd of October 2023, at 23:59 (CET). Interviews will take place in the following week(s).
Disclaimer: Due to the large number of applications usually received, we are unfortunately unable to reply to all applicants. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted within a few weeks.
Bruegel is committed to ensuring equal opportunities and treatment for all by providing that no job applicant receives less favourable treatment based on race, colour, nationality, religion, ethnic or national origins, gender, marital status, caring responsibilities, sexual orientation, disability, or chronic illness.