Multiple positions for Research Assistants and Research Interns
Closing date: Friday 12th March 2021
Bruegel welcomes applications from all areas of economic research (macro and micro) for multiple positions as Research Assistant and Research Intern starting in September 2021. We are also looking for at least one position to start as early as May 2021.
Research Assistants and Research Interns work closely with Bruegel Fellows to conduct research in the forms of Policy Papers, Blueprints, Blogs and external publications.
We offer a fixed-term contract of one year for Research Assistant and 6 months internship contract for Research Intern.
- All applicants must hold a Master’s degree or equivalent in Economics (or related fields) should possess a solid understanding of economics and demonstrate technical strengths in quantitative economic methods and econometric software. In particular, proficiency in Python, STATA or R as well as data scraping are highly appreciated.
- They must also be fluent in English, both written and spoken. Versatility, international experience, and the ability to work as a team-player with short deadlines are very important.
- Applicants must have an interest in applied, policy-orientated research in Bruegel’s areas of specialization. In particular, some knowledge or interest to learn about the functioning of EU policies is necessary. Here are some specific areas of research on which Bruegel work:
– Microeconomics: innovation and competition, climate and energy policy
– Macroeconomics: European/global economics and governance, finance and financial regulation
- For more information on our research areas, please visit our website: bruegel.org/about/.
Experience (distinction between assistant and intern positions):
- Besides a Master’s degree, or equivalent, in Economics, candidates for Research Assistant positions must possess experience in empirical work (at least one year).
- Research Interns are not required to have a one year proven professional experience.
How to Apply
Those interested should submit their application to the email address: [email protected] and specify the following in the subject line: “Research Assistant Application 2021” or if you are applying for the Research Intern positions “Research Intern Application 2021”: until 12th of March 2021.
The email must contain: CV, Cover Letter, Writing Sample (such as Master’s thesis), University Transcript(s).
Only complete applications will be considered. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted within weeks after the deadline for applications is closed.
For further guidance, see the Bruegel Careers page: bruegel.org/careers/.