Junior Accounting Assistant
Deadline for application: 5th of April – Midnight CET –
Bruegel is a European think tank working in the field of economics. Established in 2005, Bruegel is independent and non-doctrinal. Its mission is to improve economic policy with open, honest and fact-based research, analysis and debate. We are committed to impartiality, openness and excellence. Bruegel’s membership includes EU Member State governments, international corporations and institutions.
To reinforce our team, we are looking for a full- time Junior Accounting Assistant.
As a Junior Accounting Assistant, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Quarter end closure of accounting, reconciliation of general ledger vs sub ledgers;
- Preparation of yearly audit files for review by external auditors;
- Handle incoming and outgoing invoices;
- Ensure return of documents on a timely basis and checking invoice details, match to purchase order etc;
- Recording of invoices in the accounting system under correct accounting codes;
- Preparation of payments to suppliers for Management approval and signature;
- Processing and payment of employee expense reports;
- Assisting in the preparation and submission of other governmental questionnaires and declarations, VAT, Intra Eu sales listing;
- Providing supporting data for review by local government tax officials (corporation tax, customs, VAT…).
- Assist with Bank relations
COMPETENCIES, SKILL AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
Candidates for this role must have a proven experience within a similar role, with following qualifications:
- University degree in finance and or accounting.
- Some experience in accounting is required;
- Good oral and written communication skills in English and French OR Dutch
- Computer minded with good PC skills; experience with Sage BOB50 is an asset
- Good analytical skills, with an eye for detail;
- Excellent organisation & planning skills, able to anticipate
- Ability to work under tight deadlines
- Team player
- Willingness to learn.
- Discrete with sensitive information
- We offer you an exciting job in an international working environment where you will have the chance to learn and develop.
- Intern or fixed-term (renewable) contract, depending on the level of experience.
To submit your application for this vacancy, please send your CV and your cover letter in English to [email protected] with the subject: “Application: Junior Accounting Assistant”.
Deadline for applications is the 5th of April 2020.
The candidate should ideally be able to start as soon as possible.
Due to the high number of applications usually received for Bruegel vacancies, only candidates short-listed for interviews will be contacted.
Please consult www.bruegel.org for more information on our activities.
Bruegel aims to ensure that no application or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of race, colour, nationality, religion, ethnic or national origins, gender, marital status, caring responsibilities, sexual orientation, disability or chronic illness.