Deadline for applications: 4 February 2024
Expected starting date: 1 March 2024
Type of contract: One-year contract (renewable based on performance) on a part-time basis (60%)
Bruegel is recruiting a part-time (60%) Human Resources assistant (HRA) to provide administrative support with overall running and management of Human Resources.
The HRA will perform tasks on guidance and supervision of the Human Resources manager (HRM).
The HRA position could evolve into a full-time, dual role, depending on the supporting needs of Bruegel.
Bruegel is a European think tank working in the field of international economics. Established in 2005, Bruegel is independent and non-doctrinal. Its mission is to improve the quality of economic policy with open and fact-based research, analysis and debate.
We are committed to impartiality, openness and excellence. Bruegel’s membership includes EU Member State governments, international corporations and institutions. For more information about Bruegel, please consult: www.bruegel.org.
Recruitment and integration
- Support Bruegel’s hiring processes: post vacancies, collect and store applications, set-up interviews with candidates, contact and follow up with applicants, dispatch in- coming expressions of interest;
- Facilitate onboarding and offboarding of the new joiners: organise induction sessions with the different teams, coordinate with the IT and Operations teams to ensure a smooth integration, manage subscriptions to the group insurances (hospitalisation and pension), order lunch vouchers;
Administration and payroll
- Act as a backup person for payroll processing
- Maintain records/HR system up-to-date
- Provide the staff with general administrative support
- General support to the manager where required
- Holding a degree in Human Resources (preferably) or having a secretarial/administrative educational background;
- At least 1 year of proven experience in a similar role is a must (some knowledge of payroll management is a strong asset)
- Excellent interpersonal skills, friendly and welcoming
- Committed and professional with a sense of responsibility in handling HR confidential & personal information
- Outstanding planning and organizational skills with a good sense of prioritising
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English and French or Dutch;
- Strong computer skills: Office 365, Google Drive, SharePoint.
To apply for this position, please carefully follow the below instructions:
Send an email to [email protected] - your email must contain the following:
- A CV and a cover letter (in English) in one single PDF document (merged)
- The subject line of the email: “Human Resources assistant_Applicant’s Name”
Applications that do not meet these requirements will not be considered.
The application deadline is on the 4th of February 2024, at 23h59 (CET). Interviews will take place in the following week(s).
Disclaimer: due to the large number of applications usually received, we are unfortunately unable to reply to all applicants. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted within a few weeks.