Call for a finance and administration Manager
Deadline for application 31 March 2020 (23h59 CET)
Bruegel is a European think tank working in the field of economics. Established in 2005, Bruegel is independent and non-doctrinal. Its mission is to improve economic policy with open, honest and fact-based research, analysis and debate. We are committed to impartiality, openness and excellence. Bruegel’s membership includes EU Member State governments, international corporations and institutions.
We are recruiting an experienced Finance & Administration Manager responsible for the management of the accounting, financial reporting (on core and project funding), auditing, budget management, internal controls etc., as well as for overseeing the smooth running of office administration.
You will lead all finance and administrative aspects, delivering high quality finance and administration management for the organisation. You will report to the Deputy Director who oversees the file and reports on it to Bruegel’s board. You will prepare monthly update meetings with the Director
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES IN FINANCE:
• Devise and maintain financial and resource management systems and procedures in adherence with Bruegel’s policies.
• Design and implement finance internal control systems and standards.
• Analyse and regularly report on all major financial risks facing the organisation.
• Coordinate the yearly budget, prepare budgets for donor project proposals and monitor expenditure accordingly
• Ensure timely invoicing
• Follow up on project implementation and ensure accuracy of reports sent to donors
• Follow income and expenditure flow and ensure expenses fall within the approved budgets and Bruegel’s guidelines and policies
• Provide regular financial updates to all stakeholders within the organization (management team, the audit committee, board or General Assembly) as well as external donors and collaborators
• Oversee the junior accountant’s work. Set objectives and provide annual feedback reviews.
• Other responsibilities as required
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES IN ADMNISTRATION:
• Manage all suppliers’ contract, handle relationships with external parties, negotiate office best deals.
• Oversee the work of the Receptionist/Administrative Assistant ensuring all-around high-quality operations.
• Act as liaison person between Bruegel and the IT service provider in making sure the systems and orders run smoothly.
The Finance and Administration Manager has central role in the organisation and as such works in very close relationship with the Executive Management Team, the development team, the Human Resources as well as the research and non-research teams.
PROFILE OF THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
• Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in finance with a special focus in accounting and/or auditing, preferably with an international non-for-profit membership institution. Corporate experience would also be valuable.
• Demonstrated skills in the development of finance and accounting policies, procedures and systems
• Substantial experience in accounting, including with relevant software
• Experience in managing relations with outside stakeholders
• Good knowledge of Belgian laws and regulations that might impact the organisation
• Problem-solving and can-do attitude
• Motivator with excellent people management skills, able to lead a small but effective finance and administration team.
• Advanced interpersonal and verbal communication skills,
• Ability to work within a network of multicultural staff and stakeholders
• Oral and written fluency in English and French or Dutch is required
• Discreet with confidential information
• Able to handle stress and meet tight deadlines
To submit your application for this vacancy, please send your CV and your cover letter in English to [email protected] with the subject: “Application: Finance & Administration Manager”.
Deadline for applications is the 31st of March.
The candidate should ideally be able to start as soon as possible and no later than the second half of June. Due to the high number of applications usually received for Bruegel vacancies, only candidates short-listed for interviews will be contacted. Reception of applications will be acknowledged.
Please consult www.bruegel.org for more information on our activities.
Bruegel aims to ensure that no application or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of race, colour, nationality, religion, ethnic or national origins, gender, marital status, caring responsibilities, sexual orientation, disability or chronic illness.