Bruegel is recruiting an intern for 6 months, in the Development Team (in charge of raising funds and nurturing strategic partnerships for Bruegel).
Bruegel offers an interesting and challenging period of learning and working experience in a major Brussels-based think tank, with the opportunity to gain specific knowledge on fundraising strategies related to Economic Policy and European Affairs.
Bruegel is a European think tank working in the field of international economics. Established in 2005, Bruegel is independent and non-doctrinal. Its mission is to improve the quality of economic policy with open and fact-based research, analysis and debate. We are committed to impartiality, openness and excellence. Bruegel’s membership includes EU Member State governments, international corporations and institutions. For more information about Bruegel, please consult: www.bruegel.org
- Conduct research on companies, foundations, individuals and other relevant audiences
- Research/analysis on philanthropy and other think tanks activities/best practices
- Support in the application of EU funding opportunities
- Enter and maintain contact information in Bruegel databases
- Provide occasional support in the logistics of Bruegel events
- Provide support in preparing communication materials
- Prepare and present weekly digests of recent Bruegel publications
- Schedule and prepare external meetings
- General administrative support
PROFILE OF APPLICANTS
- Academic background in economics, business administration, marketing, political science, social sciences or equivalent.
- Interest in economic policy, business organisation and development and knowledge of European affairs.
- Previous experience in fundraising, in other think tanks and foundations is welcome.
- Experience with EU projects is a plus.
- Available for six months, full-time.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCES REQUIRED
- The candidate should be self-motivated, well organised, and capable of multitasking and working efficiently and autonomously.
- Strategic thinking and critical assessment of new opportunities as well as spirit of initiative is an important part of the work.
- Able to research, collate, analyse and summarise information.
- Drafting and editing skills for texts targeting external audiences.
- Capacity to work with people from different social and cultural backgrounds.
- Excellent written and oral skills in English, knowledge of another language is an asset
- Computer literate, willingness to explore new functionalities in customer relationship management application.
To apply for this vacancy, please send a CV and a cover letter (in English) to [email protected] with “Applicant’s name_Development Internship” in the subject.
Deadline for applications is 10 April 2023 at 00:00 (CET) and interviews will take place at end of April.
Applications with missing documents and/or that do not meet the above-mentioned requirements will NOT be considered.
Because of the high number of applications we usually receive we are unfortunately unable to reply to all applicants. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted within a few weeks.
Bruegel is committed to ensure equal opportunities and treatment for all, by ensuring that no job applicant receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of race, colour, nationality, religion, ethnic or national origins, gender, marital status, caring responsibilities, sexual orientation, disability or chronic illness.