Public Funding Manager
Deadline for Application: 10 July 2020
Expected starting date: 01 September 2020
Bruegel is recruiting a Public Funding Manager to join the Development Team.
The Public Funding Manager will be responsible for identifying public funding streams (mainly European Funding), writing and submitting proposals, monitoring project implementation, ensuring compliance with reporting criteria and developing periodical financial and narrative reports as required by the funders.
Bruegel is a European think tank working in the field of international economics. Established in 2005, Bruegel is independent and non-doctrinal. Its mission is to improve the quality of economic policy with open and fact-based research, analysis and debate. We are committed to impartiality, openness and excellence. Bruegel’s membership includes EU Member State governments, international corporations and institutions. For more information about Bruegel, please consult: www.bruegel.org
- Identify relevant EU funding opportunities (tenders and grants), manage the preparation of Horizon Europe grant proposals and other public-funded calls;
- Manage the overall preparation, implementation and reporting of publicly funded projects and ensure that work is delivered on time and at the highest standards;
- Contribute to developing Bruegel’s funding strategy and identifying new funding opportunities, also through other channels than public funding;
- Liaise with Bruegel researchers to develop project ideas and proposals; coordinate researchers’ and partners’ contributions to projects; coordinate with Bruegel’s Communication Team for the dissemination of project results (e.g. publications, events);
- Coordinate with and support Bruegel’s financial department for sound budgeting and expenses recognition;
- Manage all contractual and financial issues with contracting authorities, partners and experts; verify that expenses are eligible and in line with the budget;
- Create, foster and maintain good relationships with partners and funding authorities;
- Maintain necessary records, files, reports, databases (e.g. airtable, salesforce), and resource materials used by the Development Team as well as other Bruegel teams.
- Reports to the Head of Development.
APPLICANT’S BACKGOURND AND COMPETENCIES
- University degree. Master’s degree in economics, business/political sciences preferable;
- At least 4 years working experience dealing with EU-funded projects.
- Track record in fundraising in the non-profit sector, in the Brussels environment and/or in Europe;
- Knowledge of European funding programmes and tendering; sound knowledge of the European Framework Programme for Research (Horizon 2020) contractual and financial rules is highly desirable;
- Excellent organising and planning skills, including decision-making, problem-solving, project management and risk assessment;
- Inter-personal and communication skills in a multinational context;
- Ability to cope with tight deadlines and a large portfolio of opportunities and projects;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Excellent drafting skills, including on economic subjects
- discretion in dealing with confidential matters;
- Team player
- Excellent communication skills in English: verbal and written; knowledge of other EU languages is an asset.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please submit your CV and cover letter in English, describing why you are interested in joining the think-tank world, and Bruegel, as well as what makes you suited for the role.
The application should be submitted to [email protected] under the subject line: “Public Funding Manager ”_Applicant’s Name, before midnight, 10 July 2020.
Due the high number of applications we usually receive, unfortunately we will not be able to reply to all applicants, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Bruegel is committed to ensure equal opportunities and treatment for all, by ensuring that no job applicant receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of race, colour, nationality, religion, ethnic or national origins, gender, marital status, caring responsibilities, sexual orientation, disability or chronic illness.