Call for applications: Operations Assistant
Deadline for Application: 18 September 2020
Expected starting date: ASAP (ideally by October the 1st)
Type of contract: fixed-term, one-year position, renewable based on performance evaluation.
For its office in Brussels, Bruegel is recruiting an Operations Assistant. The Operations Assistant will have a central role in supporting the Bruegel’s office operations, off-line & on-line.
Bruegel is a European think tank working in the field of international economics. Established in 2005, Bruegel is independent and non-doctrinal. Its mission is to improve the quality of economic policy with open and fact-based research, analysis and debate. We are committed to impartiality, openness and excellence. Bruegel’s membership includes EU Member State governments, international corporations and institutions. For more information about Bruegel, please consult: www.bruegel.org
Office Management Support (OFF-LINE):
- Be the contact person for service providers: telephone, cleaning service, maintenance, mailing, etc.
- Manage office supplies, equipment and smooth functioning of office environment;
- Organize filing and storage in the office (hard copies);
- Manage office subscriptions and onsite library;
- Answer (and redirect) external calls, emails and mail to relevant colleagues;
- Handle travel requests from colleagues through an external travel agency;
- Greeting various guests to the office;
Information and Records Management Support (ON-LINE):
- Organise and maintain the digital archive system (soft copies)
- Build and maintain an online shared library
- Support data management and data maintenance in internal systems i.e. CRM (salesforce, etc.)
- Centralize internal IT demands and follow-up with our external IT coach
- Maintain inventory for IT equipment (Desktops, laptops, screens, phone bridge and accessories)
- Help to organize internal event/meeting i.e. professional lunch, dinner or retreats
- Help with onboarding and offboarding processes of Bruegel’s staff or researchers
- Help events team when requested: reception, tracking supplies, expenses reimbursement
Candidates for this role should demonstrate the following characteristics:
- Proven experience in office and information management (at least 1 year);
- Committed and professional with a good sense of initiative and responsibility;
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English and French or Dutch;
- Good time management skills, ability to multi-task and prioritize work;
- Excellent organizational and planning skills;
- Outstanding computer skills are required: MS Office, Google Drive, SharePoint, VOIP, etc.;
Personal qualities and attributes :
- Commitment to the Bruegel’s mission and vision;
- Interest in working within an international environment;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of a team;
- Reliability and discretion;
- Friendly, helpful and service-oriented;
- Positive and upbeat approach;
To apply, please submit your CV and cover letter in English, describing why you are interested in joining the think-tank world, and Bruegel, as well as what makes you suited for the role.
The application should be submitted to [email protected] under the subject line: “Operations Assistant”_Applicant’s Name, by 18 September 2020.
Due the high number of applications we usually receive, unfortunately we will not be able to reply to all applicants, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Bruegel is committed to ensure equal opportunities and treatment for all, by ensuring that no job applicant receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of race, colour, nationality, religion, ethnic or national origins, gender, marital status, caring responsibilities, sexual orientation, disability or chronic illness.