Call for Applications: IT administrator
Deadline for Application: Friday 3 June 2022
Expected starting date: early July 2022
Type of contract: 1-year fixed term and then open-ended position
Bruegel is a European think tank working in the field of international economics. Established in 2005, Bruegel is independent and non-doctrinal. Its mission is to improve the quality of economic policy with open and fact-based research, analysis, and debate. We are committed to impartiality, openness, and excellence. Bruegel’s membership includes EU Member State governments, international corporations, and institutions. For more information about Bruegel, please consult: www.bruegel.org.
For its office in Brussels, Bruegel is recruiting an IT administrator. Bruegel recently migrated its core business productivity suite from Google workspace to Microsoft 365 and SharePoint. The IT administrator will have a central role in supporting and strengthening this new working method within Bruegel’s office. This colleague will be both technician and coordinator who understands organisation IT structures and can propose clear solutions to IT issues. The role also involves coordinating corporate relations between Bruegel and its external IT provider for clear specific problems.
- Microsoft 365 and SharePoint administration (site & account management, troubleshooting & support, security & permissions, general monitoring & maintenance)
- Project and change management skills,
- Coordinate internal IT requests and follow-up with external IT company, if needed,
- Running diagnostics, documenting problems and troubleshoots,
- ‘Go-to’ person concerning on-premises installations,
- Align technology vision with organisation strategy,
- Create, review and update IT policies, compile users’ documentation,
- Coach a small team (one IT trainee),
- Organise ‘in-house’ training to share knowledge with co-workers on digital tools,
- Define, monitor, report on IT roadmap and IT budget,
- Responsible for keeping all the IT equipment and IT services running as well as maintaining an inventory of the organisation’s IT equipment,
- Help with onboarding and offboarding processes of Bruegel’s staff or researchers.
- Back-up Operations/events colleagues when needed
Candidates for this role should demonstrate the following characteristics:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent IT experience,
- 2 to 4 years of hands-on experience in network/system administration, IT assistance and IT project management
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft 365 and SharePoint Administration,
- Working knowledge of IT assistance tools like TeamViewer or any equivalent,
- Good communicator: ‘know how to explain simply technical issues’,
- Good oral and written communication skills in English and French/Dutch will be considered a plus.
Personal qualities and attributes:
- Commitment to Bruegel’s mission and vision and interest in working within an international and multicultural environment,
- Helpful and service-oriented person,
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of a team,
- Committed and professional with a good sense of initiative and responsibility,
- Ability to multitask and prioritise work,
- Ability to manage and collaborate with outsourced partners.
We offer a rich professional experience with motivated colleagues, an attractive package and an excellent work-life balance. To apply, please submit your CV and covering letter in English, describing why you are interested in joining the think-tank world and Bruegel and what makes you suited for the role.
The application should be submitted to [email protected] under the subject line: “IT administrator”_Applicant’s Name, by Friday 3rd June 2022, midnight CET.
Due to the high number of applications, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Bruegel is committed to ensuring equal opportunities and treatment for all by providing that no job applicant receives less favourable treatment based on race, colour, nationality, religion, ethnic or national origins, gender, marital status, caring responsibilities, sexual orientation, disability, or chronic illness.