Call for a Press and Communications Intern
Deadline for application: 23 June 2021 (23h59 CET)
Bruegel is recruiting an intern for 6 months, in the outreach Team. The internship is paid, full time and based at Bruegel’s office in Brussels.
Bruegel offers an interesting and challenging period of learning and working experience in a major Brussels-based think thank, with the opportunity to gain specific knowledge on communication and outreach related to Economic Policy and European Affairs.
Bruegel is the leading European think tank specialising in economics. Established in 2005, Bruegel is independent and non-doctrinal. Its mission is to improve the quality of economic policy with open and fact-based research, analysis and debate. We are committed to impartiality, openness and excellence. Bruegel’s membership includes EU Member State governments, international corporations and institutions.
- Support press outreach, including the various distribution channels used by Bruegel for publication and research. Support press monitoring.
- Support the team in events organisation, including logistics and impact follow-up on target audiences, and other organisational matters.
- Support social media outreach.
PROFILE OF APPLICANTS
- Academic background in political science, social sciences, journalism, communication, or equivalent.
- Interest in economic policy and knowledge European affairs.
- Available for six months, full-time.
- The selected candidate will preferably be at her/his first internship experience or not have more than one previous internship experience outside of studies.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES REQUIRED
- Drafting and editing skills for texts targeting external audiences;
- Able to research, collate, analyse and summarise information;
- Policy analysis skills;
- Capacity to work with people from different social and cultural backgrounds;
- Excellent written and oral skills in English;
- Computer literate; knowledge of excel is a plus.
Any of the following would be desirable:
Knowledge of sound/video editing software, knowledge of social media, knowledge of the European media landscape, knowledge of the European policy landscape.
To submit your application for this vacancy, please click here and apply on linkedin.
DON’T FORGET TO ATTACH A MOTIVATION LETTER
Interviews will take place remotely.
Due to the high number of applications usually received for Bruegel vacancies, only candidates short-listed for interviews will be contacted. Reception of applications will be acknowledged.
Bruegel aims to ensure that no application or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of race, colour, nationality, religion, ethnic or national origins, gender, marital status, caring responsibilities, sexual orientation, disability or chronic illness.