Bruegel is recruiting an Executive Assitant
Call for an Executive Assistant
Deadline for Application: 08/01/2021
Expected starting date: ASAP
Type of contract: Fixed-term, one-year contract, renewable based on performance evaluation.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
The Executive Assistant is responsible for providing comprehensive support to the Bruegel Director and Deputy Director. This dynamic position requires the ability to anticipate needs, think critically, and offer solutions to problems with a high-level of professionalism and confidentiality.
The main objective of this position is to plan and manage work in order to ensure Directors’ priorities are met, organizational goals are achieved, and best practices are upheld. Bruegel is a fast-growing organization that requires skills in keeping up with the pace.
Bruegel is a European think tank working in the field of international economics. Established in 2005, Bruegel is independent and non-doctrinal. Its mission is to improve the quality of economic policy with open and fact-based research, analysis and debate. We are committed to impartiality, openness and excellence. Bruegel’s membership includes EU Member State governments, international corporations and institutions. For more information about Bruegel, please consult: www.bruegel.org
KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manages Directors’ time by reading, researching, and routing correspondence; drafting letters and documents; collecting and analyzing information; and initiating (tele)communications.
- Organizing meetings and detailed guidance for executive office: maintain directors’ appointments by planning and scheduling meetings, (tele)conferences and travel-related activities/arrangements including detailed travel itineraries.
- Coordinates complex scheduling and extensive calendar management, as well as management of content and flow of information to directors
- Prepares minutes and/or reports by collecting and analyzing information as well as collecting all information in preparation for Directors meetings.
- Maintains professionalism and strict confidentiality with all materials, and exercise discretion when interfacing with the business.
- Acting as point of contact between the directors and internal (staff, research fellows) and external (stakeholders).
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
The candidate for this role should demonstrate the following characteristics:
- From three to five years’ experience of significant assistance at executive level: including supporting senior executives, non-profit board members, staff, (communities, corporate and policy) leaders is a must.
- Proficiency in office productivity tools as: Microsoft Office suite, Google suite, Zoom and Teams and other cloud-based applications and finally aptitude to learn new software and systems.
- Exceptional organizational skills and impeccable attention to detail by making appropriate, informed decisions regarding priorities and available time.
- Ability to complete a high volume of tasks and projects with little or no guidance.
- Maintain and coordinate internal and external resources to expedite workflows.
- Committed, professional with a good sense of initiative and responsibility.
- Friendly, helpful and service-oriented.
Personal qualities and attributes :
- Commitment to the Bruegel’s mission and vision.
- Strong interest in working within an international environment.
- Ability to maintain a high level of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Aptitude to change and adaptability.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of a team.
- Problem-solving minded, positive and upbeat approach.
- Proficiency in English, knowledge of other languages is a plus.
To apply, please submit your CV and cover letter in English, describing why you are interested in joining the think-tank world, and Bruegel, as well as what makes you suited for the role.
The application should be submitted to [email protected] under the subject line: “Executive Assistant” _ Applicant’s Name, by 8 January 2021.
Due the high number of applications we usually receive, unfortunately we will not be able to reply to all applicants, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Bruegel is committed to ensure equal opportunities and treatment for all, by ensuring that no job applicant receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of race, colour, nationality, religion, ethnic or national origins, gender, marital status, caring responsibilities, sexual orientation, disability or chronic illness.