Call for a Development Intern
Deadline for application
6 August 2021 18.00 CET
Bruegel is recruiting an intern for 6 months, in the Development Team (in charge of raising funds and nurturing strategic partnership for Bruegel).
Bruegel offers an interesting and challenging period of learning and working experience in a major Brussels-based think tank, with the opportunity to gain specific knowledge on communication and outreach related to Economic Policy and European Affairs.
Bruegel is the leading European think tank specialising in economics. Established in 2005, Bruegel is independent and non-doctrinal. Its mission is to improve the quality of economic policy with open and fact-based research, analysis and debate. We are committed to impartiality, openness and excellence. Bruegel’s membership includes EU Member State governments, international corporations and institutions.
- Conduct research on companies, foundations, individuals and other relevant audiences
- Research/analysis on philanthropy and other think tanks activities/best practices
- Support in the application of EU funding opportunities
- Enter and maintain contact information in the database
- Provide occasional support in the logistics of Bruegel events
- Provide support in preparing communication materials
- Schedule and prepare external meetings
- General administrative support
profile of applicants
- Academic background in economics, business administration, marketing, political science, social sciences or equivalent.
- Interest in economic policy, business organisation and development and knowledge of European affairs.
- Previous experience in fundraising, in other think tanks and foundations is welcome. Experience with EU projects is a plus.
- Available for six months, full-time, starting between mid-end September 2021 (online, potentially part-time in the office depending on the recommendation of the Belgian Authorities)
skills and competencies required
- The candidate should be self-motivated, well organised and capable of multitasking and working efficiently and autonomously.
- Strategic thinking and critical assessment of new opportunities as well as spirit of initiative is an important part of the work.
- Able to research, collate, analyse and summarise information;
- Drafting and editing skills for texts targeting external audiences;
- Capacity to work with people from different social and cultural backgrounds;
- Excellent written and oral skills in English, knowledge of another language is an asset
- Computer literate, willingness to explore new functionalities in customer relationship management application.
To submit your application for this vacancy, please send your CV and a Cover letter (in English) with “Application: Development Internship” in the subject to [email protected].
Deadline for applications is 6 August at 18.00 CET, interviews will take place at end of August. Applications received after the deadline will not be reviewed.
Bruegel aims to ensure that no application or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of race, colour, nationality, religion, ethnic or national origins, gender, marital status, caring responsibilities, sexual orientation, disability or chronic illness.