Call for a Development Intern
Deadline for Application: 31/01/2021
Expected starting date: ASAP
Type of contract: Fixed-term, 6 months paid internship contract (CIP), renewable based on performance evaluation.
For its Development Team, Bruegel is recruiting a Development Intern for 6 months. The Development Intern will be in charge of raising funds and nurturing strategic partnerships for Bruegel. Bruegel offers an interesting and challenging period of learning and working experience in a major Brussels-based think tank, with the opportunity to gain specific knowledge on communication and outreach related to Economic Policy and European Affairs.
Bruegel is a European think tank working in the field of international economics. Established in 2005, Bruegel is independent and non-doctrinal. Its mission is to improve the quality of economic policy with open and fact-based research, analysis and debate. We are committed to impartiality, openness and excellence. Bruegel’s membership includes EU Member State governments, international corporations and institutions. For more information about Bruegel, please consult: www.bruegel.org
- Conduct research on companies, foundations, individuals and other relevant audiences
- Research/analysis on philanthropy and other think tanks activities/best practices
- Support in the application of EU funding opportunities
- Enter and maintain contact information in the database
- Provide occasional support in the logistics of Bruegel events
- Provide support in preparing communication materials
- Schedule and prepare external meetings
- General administrative support
PROFILE OF APPLICANTS
- Academic background in economics, business administration, marketing, political science, social sciences or equivalent.
- Interest in economic policy, business organisation and development and knowledge of European affairs.
- Previous experience in fundraising, in other think tanks and foundations is welcome. Experience with EU projects is a plus.
- Available for six months, full-time, starting in February 2021 (online, potentially part-time in the office depending on the recommendation of the Belgian Authorities.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES REQUIRED
- The candidate should be self-motivated, well organised and capable of multitasking and working efficiently and autonomously, both online and offline.
- Strategic thinking and critical assessment of new opportunities as well as spirit of initiative is an important part of the work.
- Able to research, collate, analyse and summarise information;
- Drafting and editing skills for texts targeting external audiences;
- Capacity to work with people from different social and cultural backgrounds;
- Excellent written and oral skills in English, knowledge of another language is an asset
- Computer literate, willingness to explore new functionalities in customer relationship management application.
To apply, please submit your CV and cover letter in English, describing why you are interested in joining the think-tank world, and Bruegel, as well as what makes you suited for the role.
The application should be submitted to [email protected] under the subject line: “Development Intern _ Applicant’s Name”, by 31st of January 2021.
Due the high number of applications we usually receive, unfortunately we will not be able to reply to all applicants, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Bruegel is committed to ensure equal opportunities and treatment for all, by ensuring that no job applicant receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of race, colour, nationality, religion, ethnic or national origins, gender, marital status, caring responsibilities, sexual orientation, disability or chronic illness.