Executive Director, E-Control
- Born in Vienna in 1953
- 1970/1971 Graduation from high school in both the USA and Austria
- 1971 – 1976: Degree in technical physics at the Vienna University of Technology
- During ten years head of the Austrian branch of an international consulting group dedicated especially to management and technology consulting
- 1991 – 1996: Worked for a major Austrian commercial bank in Central and Eastern Europe with a focus on structured financing, privatization and the reorganisation of utilities.
- 1996 – 1999: member of the executive board of a major German consultancy.
- 1999 – 2001: Member of the executive board of PricewaterhouseCoopers Since
- March 2001: Chairman of E-Control Ltd.
- Since March 2011: Executive Director of Energie Control Austria (E-Control)
- Different functions in international organisations:
- CEER Security of Supply Working Group Chair (2001/2004)
- CEER Single Energy Market Working Group Chair (2004/2005)
- CEER/ERGEG Gas Working Group Chair (since 2006)
- CEER/ERGEG Vice President (2006/May 2015)
- AIB President (2004/2005)
- Vice Chair of ACER’S Regulatory Board (since 2010)
- Member of the EU-Russia Gas Advisory Council (since 2007)