Bruegel organised a workshop in Rome that discussed Italy’s challenges in the midst of the euro-crisis.
The event was divided into three sessions dealing with short/midterm issues, long-run issues and finally the European Banking Union initiative in relation to Italy.
- Agenda here
- Zsolt Darvas, Bruegel - "Balancing fiscal adjustment and internal devaluation in Italy" here
- Francesco Daveri, Università di Parma - "Italy’s decline and the most urgent reforms to fight it", presentation here
- Paolo Manasse, University of Bologna - "Fiscal Adjustment and Internal Devaluation", presentation here
- Marcello Messori, LUISS - "European banking union and Italy: Design issues, financial fragmentation, impact on the Italian banking sector", presentation here
- Fabiano Schivardi, LUISS & EIEF - "The role of equity finance for firms’ growth", presentation here
- Guntram Wolff, Bruegel - "Next steps on the road to a European Banking Union", presentation here
This event was co-organised with the Italian Treasury
- Venue: Italian Treasury on Via XX Settembre, 97, 00187 Rome
- Time: 8 May 2013, 9:00 - 15:25
- Contact: matilda.sevon[at]bruegel.org