This event covered energy market developments in the Centre and East of Europe. It took place as part of our ongoing “Energy and Climate Exchange series 2012: member states energy market developments.” This series aims to facilitate exchange on the separate developments in different member state electricity markets.
Three panelists from academia, regulatory authorities and industry gave presentations and afterwards engaged in a debate with the public.
- Małgorzata Mika-Bryska, Deputy Director of Energy Department, Ministry of Economy, Poland
- Michal Křepelka, Chief Energy Market Analyst, Czech Electric Conglomerate (CEZ), Czech Republic
- Peter Kaderjak, Director of the Regional Centre for Energy Policy Research (REKK), Hungary
- Chair - Georg Zachmann, Research Fellow at Bruegel
- Event summary here
- Malgorzata Mika-Bryska, presentation, CEE Energy market development here
- Michal Krepelka, presentation, Energy market development in the CEE here
- Peter Kaderjak, presentation, Towards understanding the energy policy preferences of the EU11 here
- Venue: Bruegel, Rue de la Charité 33, 1210 Bruxelles
- Time: 15 January 2013, 12:45 (lunch) for 13:00 (event starts) to 14:30
- Contact: matilda.sevon[at]bruegel.org