In his presentation, Pierre Regibeau discussed insights from the economics literature on how IPR should be treated in antitrust policy and compare how it is actually being treated in the US and the EU.
He dealt with patent tickets, including "patent pools" but also "grant-back clauses". He also discussed some new emerging IP themes, such as "pay to delay".
- Pierre Regibeau, CRA (Charles Rivers Associates) and Imperial College
- Kai-Uwe Kühn, Chief Economist, DG COMP and University of Michigan
- Chair:Reinhilde Veugelers, Senior Fellow, Bruegel
- Event summary here
- Intellectual Property Rights and Competition Policy, presentation by Pierre Regibeau here
- Venue: Bruegel, Rue de la Charité 33, 1210 Bruxelles
- Time: 18 October 2012, 12:45 - 14:30
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org