The Fiscal Policies Division of the ECB and the International Monetary Fund will organize a joint conference on fiscal governance, to be held at the ECB premises, on 13-14 December 2012.
The general topic of this conference is "Reforming EU Fiscal Governance".
- The new EU fiscal framework: implications of the Fiscal CompactDoes fiscal governance matter for private sector behaviour?
- Can a monetary union exist without a fiscal union?
- Fiscal rules, fiscal consolidations and economic growth: what are the links?
- Complexity vs. simplicity in fiscal rules: evolving views of the flexibility-credibility trade-off.Fiscal rules at the central and sub-national government level: how to overcome coordination issues?
- Good fiscal governance: what lessons can be drawn from non-EU countries?